Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


This is the project that I spent time with last weekend.  It is the With Thy Needle & Thread Mystery Sampler, "Birds of a Feather".  Please pardon my not so great photography skills!  You would laugh if you knew how long it took me to get the picutre that you see posted!  I should have asked a twelve year old to help me!

I hope you are able to spend time with those you love today! If you can't be together in person, find another way to connect: telephone, email, texting. You could even write an old fashioned letter with pen and paper! Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I don't know why but I love hearts! Maybe it has something to do with the heart shaped cakes my mom always made for my birthday. Hearts have curves but they aren't round, a point but they aren't square-they are just a great shape!

As I write, I hear the snow plows going by our house. It is finally acting like it might really be winter. Saturday morning we had a blizzardy kind of snow fall that made travel a bit hazardous. Perfect stitching weather! And now that we can shop online; perfect shopping for cross stitch weather!! And, coincidentally, a new "What's New" page will be going up on our website soon; probably late today or tomorrow. Watch for our email or just keep checking www.houseofstitches.com. Just to make things more fun, anything you purchase with the word "heart" in the title will be 14% off this week (through February 18).

Happy Valentine's Day! We love YOU!

Happy stitching,
Linda

2 comments:

  1. very pretty Linda!! I love it...
    and oh my! Did you ever have blizzardy weather on Sat.....but we still made it up!!!
    I love your explanation of hearts!

    ReplyDelete