Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympic stitching

Have you been watching the Olympics?  We think it is the perfect excuse to spend extra time stitching.  Many of our customers have been working on special patriotic pieces to commemorate the games.  I wish I could stitch as fast as the Olympians run/swim/row, etc.!

I have a wonderful piece of stitching to share with you.  Our friend and former co-worker, Donna Rudnick recently completed Rosewood Manor's "Inspiration".  She says it was a joy to stitch from start to finish!  It is absolutely breathtaking; the photo doesn't do it justice.  I am anxious to see it in the frame!
It is only a little over two weeks until the 6th Annual Midwest Stash Exchange!   You are invited to shop, swap, and sell your needlework related stash.  It is a great way to clear out those projects you will never stitch and find new ones!  Think of it as the world’s best yard sale…all dedicated to stitching!  Enjoy socializing with other needleworkers!  If you would like to sell your extra stash, booth rental is $20.00 and all of the proceeds from booth rental will go to Riley Children’s Hospital.  Your booth will be large enough for two card tables or a banquet size table.  Set up begins at 9:00 AM central time.  We have a large parking lot and still have booth space availble.  (There is no admission fee to attend as a shopper!)  I hope you can come to support a worthwile cause!  Call for more information: 1-800-455-8517.
Happy stitching,
Linda

2 comments:

  1. Linda! I had no idea you had a blog!!! Welcome to the blogging world (okay, so I'm a little late with my welcome!)

    I blogged about my visit to House of Stitches:
    http://www.livingbytheshore.com/2012/08/a-visit-to-house-of-stitches.html

    It was so nice to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed seeing you, too! And thanks so much for your lovely post about our shop! You make us blush! We have a lot to learn about blogging. Right now it takes me so long to do a post that I'm using up my stitching time. lol

      I'm glad you and E. made it home safe and sound. We'll be looking forward to your next visit!

      Delete